So what is this 60 in 90 business all about?
Quite simply...desperation.
What's happening is that I am losing my job, my office and my apartment by the end of the year. Now I do have a place to go, that's not a problem. You see my wife and I own a home, which we have rented out, while we take advantage of extremely LOW rent in this strange building we've lived and worked in for the last few years. The problem is, if we take over one of two apartments in the house, we won't have enough room for a home office as well. So what I would really like to do is take over the whole house, but we just can't afford it.
Not the worst problem in the world, I know. But it is stressful. The house is small, and being divided in two makes it really small.
The job I don't care about, I'm happy to see it go. I've been doing a lot of freelance anyway, which is better, but still not what I am after. I've been messing around with internet marketing for the last couple of years. Haven't made a dime from it, and have gone down all kinds of roads, most ending in frustration, and wasted dollars.
What I really need is a mission.
Inspired by Willie Crawford's famous "A Million Dollars in 90 Days" challenge from last year, I've decided to set up my own, slightly less ambitious challenge.
60 bucks a day in 90 days.
That is, $60.00 in passive income, so that I am not trading my time for that money.
$60 a day X 30 days = $1800.00 a month. That is how much I need to pay the mortgage, taxes, and bills on the house. Living expenses will be separate, but of course, if I succeed, I'll have all day to work on money for that. Besides, if I figure out how to make $60 a day in passive income, you can bet I'll keep going after that!
Recently, Willie Crawford had a thread going on The Warriors Forum where he asked "would you be happy with $100 a day?". For me $100 a day in passive, or nearly passive, income, would be absolutely amazing. A lot of the marketing hype is about making hundreds of thousands, or millions even. But, you have to ask yourself, how much do I really need?
For me, the answer was obvious: $60 a day. Now, how hard would it be to achieve that? In the conventional sense, not hard at all. I'm a web designer, I can get gigs at $30-$45 an hour. All I'd have to do is work two hours a day and I could have my $60. And who knows? That is exactly what I might end up having to do.
But in the end, what have I learned from it? Not what I want to learn, that is for sure. What I want to learn is: how do I create a system that can make me $60 a day in passive (or very nearly passive) income, so that I can then free up my most precious resource: time.
Next, what can I do with all that extra time? Well, for one, I could repeat the system I had just used to create the $60 a day passive income, and make $120. Or, I could explore some other avenue. Or, get some web designs gigs and know that the income from that is purely for paying down my debt, buying some groceries, and saving up for something importent. I think I might ride my bike a little more. I'm pretty sure I'd worry a lot less.
So, what I have decided to do, is:
Attempt to make $60 a day in passive income by the end of the year, and document every step I take.
When I came up with this idea I had 90 days, but I've spent two days waffling so now technically I only have 88 days left.
This blog is really just a way for me to keep track of what I am doing, and I figured, why not let others see what I'm doing while I'm at it. There are actually two very sound reasons for that, which I will get into in the next post.
So that is it, there is the challenge: $60 a day in passive income, by the end of the year. It is just one small step, but a significant one for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment