I mentioned in the last post that I had two very good reasons for starting this blog. Actually, I realised later, there are more than that. I'll explain them as I go along.
The first reason is one of the strongest. Before any challenge or project or quite frankly, action of any kind, you must start with the end in mind. In other words, you have to know what your result will be otherwise you will never know if you've achieved it.
For me the result I want is clear: $60 a day in passive income in the next 90 days.
That statement is an intention. It is clear and unambiguous. It is focused and direct. It took me quite awhile to come up with that. At first, I thought maybe I would aim for $500 a month. Then I read Willie Crawford's "$100 dollars a day" post in the Warrior forum, so I thought $100 a day would be GREAT!
But when I really thought about my situation and considered what I needed, it became $60 a day, or $1800 a month.
Then that became a statement, placed in the present tense, as if it is already happening:
'I am now creating $60 a day in passive income within the next 90 days!'
I let that thought roll around in my head for awhile, then I decided to make it official.
By making a public declaration, I give the intention power. I also spoke it aloud to my wife many times, because she would like to believe that I can do it. It forces me to take the intention seriously, and do something about it.
It also seriously annoys resistance.
Resistance comes in many disguises, usually a little voice in your head that tells you all kinds of completely unempowering and useless things. Which leads to self-sabotaging actions or more likely, no action at all.
For instance, after I posted the beginning of this blog this morning, I spent about an hour fiddling around with the templates and the look of this blog. Then I surfed around a bit, checked my email, 'phoned a friend and played with some images I'm working on for a website. Not exactly focused or productive.
Resistance likes that kind of activity. It does not like focused, direct action. And making an intention public forces just that kind of action out of you. It pushes resistance out of the way. So that is why I decided to blog this whole business in the first place.
ps: if you are interested in learning more about Resistance and defeating it, I would like to recommend an excellent little book I have read over and over. It is called 'The War of Art' by Steven Pressfield. It is more or less directed at writers, but it could apply to anyone in any situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment